Friday, June 8, 2012

Just "google" it...

I haven't forgotten about my blog...and I haven't learned everything there is about blogging either. I did read through what I considered the most important parts of the "Blogging for Dummies" book that I bought last weekend...only to find the answer to what I was really asking by just "google-ing" it. Gosh, who would have thought we'd have so much information right at our fingertips?

At some point this week, I felt like I was wasting time as I tried to find the answers to my questions in my newest blogging book. Don't get me wrong it did have some good information in it, just not the precise information I was looking for.

I wanted to be able to link my posts to certain "pages" that would pertain to that post. For example, if I shared a favorite recipe I wanted it to post to a "recipe" page. Or if I shared some insight on parenting, or homeschooling, it would also post on that "page"...that doesn't seem like that should be difficult to do....until you read most of an entire "blogging" book and realize you're not going to find the answer there...

So, what do I typically do when I need to find an answer...yep, I "google" it. {Why'd I even buy that book anyhow??}

What exactly was I looking for? I wasn't sure what it was called that I was wanting to do. After a few attempts at wording it right I was able to find a decent answer here.

I tried what it suggested and will work through the kinks this week.

I think I learned that I wasn't really wanting "pages", but possibly "labels" that will link to a pretend page?...I'll give this idea a go and see what happens! {this is a bit too techy for me, but if I want to have a blog, I best get used to the idea of needing to be a bit techy} techy? is that even a word??

If any of you readers out there know an easier way to do what I think I want to do, I'd be most grateful to hear from you!

Until next post....live life today, it's all you have right now!

~Tracie



No comments:

Post a Comment