Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Weighing in: -.2

Well, today was my morning to weigh in. I'm happy {no, shocked, elated} to post a teeny tiny .2 loss. Why would that excite me?? To begin with, it was a loss..no matter how small, they will add up. But secondly, I'm more shocked than elated or happy...I didn't expect any loss....in fact, I was hoping, {fingers crossed, actually} that I wouldn't have to get on here, my first week's post, with a gain...

I didn't quite follow the plan this week....

As good as my intentions were last Tuesday to start anew, to begin fresh, to get going, so to speak, I wasn't ready! I hadn't set myself up for success. I didn't have good eating options in our home. My fridge wasn't full of fresh fruit and vegetables and my cupboards held little whole grain anything. I came off a very busy two weeks and just hadn't had time to replenish our groceries so I was making meals, snacks etc from a low stock {what in the world am I fixing for dinner??} kind of cupboards.

But, the good news is....it's a new week....and I have watermelon, apples, bananas, grapes and super red raspberries waiting for me...carrots, celery and all kinds of yummy veggies for salads, stir fry's and sides. My menu's are planned and I know what I'm fixing for dinner each night...this week should go way better!!

So, what didn't I do last week that I should have done?
  • I didn't have my fridge/cupboards stocked with good options {see above}
  • I didn't "track" my points {key to Weight Watchers, in my opinion}
  • I didn't make most of my meals at home {aka...ate out too much}
  • I didn't make the "best" choices at graduation parties, or Father's Day celebrations this past weekend {put the chips down already!! and that cake...what are you doing with that cake??}
But, let's not end on a bad note, what did I do this past week?...
  • I ate more fruit than I did chocolate {Hey, that's big for me}
  • I thought about drinking more water and actually drank more than usual
  • I thought about this blog, and posting my progress {that stopped me from many seconds}
  • I didn't give up....I came, I blogged and I'm moving on into this week...a new week!
Each week, I'd like to highlight a recipe/meal or awesome find of the week:

This week I'm sharing one of my favorite breakfasts. It's fast, transportable and keeps me full throughout the morning. It's a GREAT value at only 3 WWP+ {Weight Watchers points plus}

I call it simply "Banana Peanut Butter Roll-up" because that is simply just what it is...

It starts with a Mission Carb Balance Tortilla: {2 WWP+ per tortilla}

I love these Tortilla's. I use them for everything...wraps, burritoes, taco's...anything you'd want a tortilla for. With only 120 calories per tortilla and a whopping 13g. of fiber they pack a nutritional punch. I find these at Walmart {about the only thing that makes me walk through those doors}

Next, I mix up some Peanut Butter...wait you say..."mix up?"...no, I'm not talking about grinding up peanuts...uck, tried that...didn't go so well...no, I buy a product called PB2 which is peanut powder:


This stuff is great!! I love, love, love peanut butter, so for me, this was a wonderful find. Now, this is NOT your fat laden, high fructose, Jif kind of peanut butter {too bad, cuz I love that stuff}. But, it is a great alternative. Best part is it is only 1WWP+ per 2T...compared to 5WWP+ for regular peanut butter....and it makes the best roll-ups...trust me on this, I really really like peanut butter and I like this stuff...now, I wouldn't necessary eat it off the spoon {like I do Jif} but put on apples, celery and used in these roll-ups...it's awesome. I also use this in my favorite Chocolate Peanut Banana Smoothie (4WWP+) I'll post that recipe another day...
Anyhow, this is a powder form of peanuts...{basically they remove the oils, grind into a powder} You reconstitute it with water, to the consistency of your liking.
I buy my PB2 here, but I've seen it at local health food stores and on Amazon. This product also comes in a chocolate flavor, that I didn't care for...{shocking, I know}

Now, spread this on your tortilla:
Some may want to add a splash of honey here, but with the riper banana I had, it was sweet enough with out it.
Put your banana on top and roll up like a tortilla...grab a napkin and you are good to go...

Breakdown:
  • Mission Carb Balance Tortilla : 2 WWP+
  • PB2 powder (2T.)  1 WWP+
  • Banana 0 WWP+
Grand total  3 WWP+

I had this for breakfast this morning and it kept me full all the way through to lunch. I didn't have mid morning drowsies, and I didn't snack...didn't even think about it...give it a try!

It is 5:00 here in Indiana and my dinner is in the oven {awesome Taco Chicken Burritoes @ 7 WWP+ each} and I've tracked anything and everything that has passed my lips. I've reached for watermelon instead of chocolate and added more water to my day. So, for today, my first day of my new week, I feel good about my choices....tune in next Tuesday and I'll share with you how the rest of my week went...

Until then,
~Point me to my goal~

                   




No comments:

Post a Comment