Sunday, June 3, 2012

Blogging for this "dummy"

I love the "For Dummies" books that are out there. I've used a few of them before. I like the simple way they guide me through new hobbies or interests.

They are a simple concept really...if you can get beyond being called a "dummie" you may just find some great information out there to help you navigate a new hobby, software or interest.

Well, I tell you this because I bought a "For Dummies" book last night!

I don't know the last time I bought a book at a store. I usually do my book buying on Amazon or Ebay. Have to admit the sticker price was shocking compared to my old standby's.
You can find a link of this book here.

But, I didn't want to wait......you see, when I start a new hobby or interest, it becomes like a disease for me...I have to learn all I can learn, as fast as I can learn so I can do what I have learned...Now, I have prime on Amazon, and they are super fast shipping books out..many times beating thier expected deliveries, but yesterday I knew I'd have this afternoon to read/play while my husband was out golfing...actually, one of the reason I'm blogging now instead of laying in my hammock reading, is to put to use one of the new things I've already learned and that is how to hyperlink something to a word....like I did up above. I hyperlinked the word "here" to take you to Amazon...I thought that was really awesome to be able to do that. I actually squealed when it worked. {those of you that know me, aren't surprised to read that}

That concept alone will come in really handy for me as I blog.

I'm not a super creative person. {on my own} I'd call myself more of a "creative copier". I can see a concept, picture or idea and run with it, but to come up with that concept, picture, idea.....nah, that's not me. So, to be able to hyperlink my readers to a blog, website, business that I get my ideas from will be an awesome way to give credit where credit is due!

So, now that I've tried something out that actually works, I'm sooooooo excited to get into this book and learn it ALL!! {ok, not ALL, but enough to put some more neat cool things on my blog}

Stay tuned and be amazed!! {there are some really creative things out there I can't wait to copy!!}

No comments:

Post a Comment